Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
Category: Side Dish
Portion Size: 1/2 cup (4 oz server, 3 oz)
Meal Components: Starchy Vegetables
Ingredients: 100 Portions
|Golden potatoes with skin, large diced||28 lbs|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup 1 Tbsp 1 tsp|
|Herbes de Provence||1 cup|
|Salt, table||1 Tbsp 1 tsp|
|Black pepper, ground||2 tsp|
- Wash and air-dry potatoes before dicing.
- Preheat convection oven to 350°F. For every 25 servings, prepare one full sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl(s) or steamtable pan(s), toss potatoes with vegetable oil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper until potatoes are fully coated with oil and seasonings.
- Divide potatoes into 7 lb portions (25 servings) and spread potatoes in a single layer on each prepared sheet pan. Note: Do not overcrowd potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Note: Depending on oven, potatoes may need to be rotated half way through cooking for an even roast.
- Serve ½ cup/3 oz (4 oz server).
Yield Study: Per FBG 20.625 lbs provides 100-½ cup cooked, unpeeled, diced potatoes (1 lb AP = 0.99 lb (about 2 3/8 cups) cooked, unpeeled, diced potatoes. However, this did not provide enough roasted potatoes. Per yield study, 28 lbs raw potatoes needed for 100-½ cup cooked, unpeeled, diced potatoes, roasted in the oven. Yield conversion factor used is 1.33.
Nutrients Per One Serving
|Total Diety Fiber||3||g|
Components Per One Serving
|0||oz. eq.||0||oz. eq.||1/2||cup(s)||0||cup(s)||0||cup(s)|